7/30/11

Justin Case: School, Drool, and Other Daily Disasters by Rachel Vail

Justin Case: School, Drool, and Other Daily Disasters
Written by Rachel Vail
Illustrated by Matthew Cordell

Well, I must begin as I began this book. How am I going to make it through 246 pages of a whiney third grader's diary? However, after just a few more pages, I was hooked! 

Justin Case is witty. His fears are genuine. His problems are realistic. Mostly, the book is funny! Rachel Vail does a great job of including smile makers for kids and adults. A great read.

Below is one of my favorite diary entries from the book. Have I mentioned this book is written in the ever popular diary format? It is. 

Those of us who would rather curl up with a good book, or any book for that matter, rather than go to gym class can relate to Justin's thoughts:

May 3, Monday

There is something worse in gym than relay races.
It is called gymnastics.
There is a reason people don't normally climb up ropes or hang upside down by their knees.
It is called we are not monkeys or bats.

Yay, Justin! I adore how you think! 



No comments:

Post a Comment