4/4/13

Green

Green by
Laura Vaccaro Seeger

This Caldecott Honor book should not only be in the hands of every young person, but displayed prominently in museums everywhere.  It is truly a work of art.  I can't get enough of it!  Finding a shelf on which this beauty can be displayed as wall art is a priority for me.  I want to share it with everyone I know!  

I'm embarrassed to share that this is my first experience with Laura Vaccaro Seeger, but I assure you I will never overlook her name again.  

Young and old alike will find this book a pleasure full of mysteries and surprises. Young readers will be interested in the obvious content, whereas more mature readers will be curious about the production process that gave birth to this masterpiece. It will provoke meaningful thoughts in all who have the pleasure of turning its pages.  

In my humble opinion, I believe Green should not have been an honor book. It should have been awarded the medal.  


No comments:

Post a Comment