4/16/11

I Love Cloudette!

Cloudette by Tom Lichtenheld

Cloudette is the kind of character I really love. She's friendly, extra cute, helpful, shy, brave, and introspective. Tom Lichtenheld gives us a story filled with cuteness, silly banter, and an important life lesson - make the most of what you have.

The illustrations are fabulous. I especially liked the beginning of the book that offers a size comparison of little Cloudette and an average cloud using a grid. 

Thanks to Cloudette and one of her nicknames - Shortcake - I was reminded of one of my favorite people in the world. Shortcake, you know who you are! Both are overflowing with super sweet cuteness. I wish I could have much more of both of them in my life!

Your elementary students will love Cloudette as much as I do.  They will appreciate the silly banter and the subtle bewilderment Cloudette feels about finding her place in the world.  I plan to share this beautiful book with my middle school students.

Helpful Links:
Activity Guides to Other Tom Licthenheld Books for Kids Sadly, there isn't a guide for Cloudette, but there are several quality guides for his other books. Maybe there will be one by the time you click the link!

Book Trailer at Macmillan Children's Check out this super cute trailer.  It will make you smile.


Tom Lichtenheld's Website

Lesson Plans

No comments:

Post a Comment